Thank you for being part of the PRIM&R Online Community. This platform is a community for PRIM&R’s audience to connect and provide support, guidance, and education on the ethical, regulatory, and policy concerns experienced by research administration and oversight personnel. PRIM&R strives to create an atmosphere for open and respectful conversations and exchanges about issues of mutual interest to participants. Although the privacy of discussions cannot be guaranteed, participants should respect the confidentiality and opinions of others in the group. By participating in the PRIM&R Online Community, you you must agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines.
- Please keep messages and/or materials confidential. Ask participants for permission to disseminate their words elsewhere, and if not granted, do not share the content.
- Please ensure that you are posting under the appropriate community.
- Please state concisely and clearly the topic of your discussion post in the subject line.
- Please include an accurate signature on all discussion posts and comments that states your name and affiliation, unless posting anonymously.
- Please check previous posts and comments before adding to avoid repetitive information.
- Please keep your comments focused on the original topic; if you wish to pursue a tangential discussion topic, please create a new post.
- Please do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
PRIM&R does not censor based on point of view and expects that all interactions be courteous and respectful of differing opinions, and of the authors who contribute. We hope to further the dialogue among people with differing ideas, as is consistent with PRIM&R’s more than 40-year history of being a convener of those who work in human subjects protections and animal care and use.
PRIM&R reserves the right to edit or delete any messages or materials submitted without notice. We will delete or edit materials at our discretion as follows:
- Messages or materials that are off-topic to the respective discussion.
- Messages or materials deemed to be spam or questionable spam (a link to external content is permitted when relevant to the topic).
- Messages or materials that are unsolicited and promotional in nature (promotional material, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services), rather than informational.
- Messages or materials that violate any third party’s rights of privacy, publicity, or intellectual property.
- Messages or materials that propagate misinformation.
- Messages or materials related to political fundraising and/or campaigning.
- Messages or materials directing to a survey without prior written permission from PRIM&R.
- Messages or materials including obscene, indecent, or profane language.
- Messages or materials containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive or threatening, including those that are defamatory, libelous, disrespectful, or mean spirited.
- Messages or materials that promote violence, harassment, bullying, or illegal activity.
- Messages or materials that demean or attack a person individually, or contain hate speech directed at one’s identity, including but not limited to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, culture, age, religion, or disability.
If you see messages or materials that violate the terms outlined above, please select “Mark as Inappropriate” via the dropdown action menu in the right corner of the message or library entry. You may also email us.
This site is provided as a service for constituents of PRIM&R. The views expressed in messages, materials, and comments reflect those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the official views of PRIM&R. Websites linked within this page are not controlled or endorsed by PRIM&R. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by PRIM&R or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall PRIM&R be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the party’s participation and/or the accuracy, use or performance of any information posted on this site.
PRIM&R reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit, suspend, or terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines. PRIM&R has the right to amend these guidelines at any time.
If you have questions about these community rules or how we apply them, please contact us.
Creating New Communities
PRIM&R is committed to providing a space for its constituents to connect and understands that there may be specific areas of the research ethics and oversight field that are not yet encompassed by the currently available communities. If you’re interested in establishing a new community, please complete this form. PRIM&R has full discretion in determining if a new community idea is warranted or if the topic could be addressed within another community.
PRIM&R reserves the right to retire a community that is no longer active and all participants may be directed to join a more active community based on the criteria below:
- Interest in the community appears to wane, as evidenced by low activity or minimal discussion (i.e., no new discussion posts or comments from members of the community).
- The discussions would be more beneficial in another community or the discussions overlap too closely with occurring in a more active community.
- Sustained activity occurring within a community is in violation of terms outlined above.
User Directory and Privacy Settings
This platform includes a user directory so you can further connect with your peers in the field. You can decide what information you want to be visible to others or opt out of being included in the directory under your privacy settings. We encourage you to regularly review and adjust your notification, privacy, and other settings in your profile.